Operating system: Win 7, Vista, XP
From the Publisher:
WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
WinRAR is a popular shareware file archiver and data compression utility developed by Eugene Roshal, and first released around 1995. It is one of the few applications that is able to create RAR archives natively, because the encoding method is held to be proprietary.Features
WinRAR supports the following features:
- Complete support for RAR (WinRAR native conversion format) and ZIP archives, and unpacking of ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, EXE, 7z, and Z archives. Future versions of WinRAR are planned to include 7z creation.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume (split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 128-bit key.
WinRAR 3.93 in Windows 7
|Developer(s)||Eugene Roshal, Alexander Roshal|
|Operating system||Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Linux (Wine required for GUI), OS/2|
|Available in||Multilingual (46+ languages)|
|License||Commercial, Proprietary, Shareware|